Thursday, March 1, 2018

SO FORGET EVERYTHING I JUST SAID!

UPDATE! I have found out exactly what I want to do with my magazine. I want to create a fashion lifestyle magazine that has influence from many parts of the world. Oh, no no no this isn't what you would think it is. My magazine will dig deep into the fashion trends of a specific country or culture and explain the reasoning as to why it is a trend. It all also discuss global issues occurring behind the scenes in the fashion industry. So in story short, it is a fashion lifestyle magazine but, it will also cover the "bad side" or controversy in the world of fashion.

One of the main influencers in my decision for this genre is the documentary series called, States of Undress. This VICELAND documentary explores global fashion and the issues the industry often ignores and why this occurs. I find this to be super interesting and something that is not often discussed. This documentary had me glued to my T.V. and then it hit me. Why don't I create a magazine based on this?
Here's a little snippet of the documentary so you can have more of an understanding of what I'm talking about.


I also have couple magazines covers I can use for inspiration. All of them being from i-D Magazine which is a British magazine dedicated to fashion, music, art and youth culture. I like how the images focus more on the picture with very little cover lines instantly intriguing the audience. I do; however, want to create a few more cover lines so the reader knows what more is inside the magazine.

Image result for id magazineImage result for id magazine

Something I am still deliberating is whether I want this edition of my magazine to be dedicated to a specific culture or to be about all different cultures and countries at once. I am also still a little lost on what exactly I want to name my magazine. I have a few ideas but, I will get back to you on that one. I will keep researching more magazines and who exactly my target market it, but at least I've found a genre I am truly interested in. I'm so excited for what's to come!

Stay tuned.
Mari


Citations:
The picture on the left:
Oke, T. (2017, August 14). Stormzy Becomes The First Grime MC To Grace The Cover Of 'i-D' Magazine. Retrieved March 01, 2018, from http://www.complex.com/music/2016/10/stormzy-becomes-first-grime-mc-to-cover-i-d

The picture on the right:
I-D Magazine Summer 2016 Covers - Futurewise Issue. (2017, April 08). Retrieved March 01, 2018, from https://fashionfav.com/magazine-editorials/d-magazine-summer-2016-covers-futurewise-issue/

      Youtube Video: 
        STATES OF UNDRESS (Trailer). (2016, March 18). Retrieved March 01, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYwdWlcO43Y


No comments:

Post a Comment

MY CCR!

Here is my CCR down below!