Sunday, March 11, 2018

What to do? What to do?

I'm having an extremely rough time deciding how my layout should be. I have an extremely rough (keep in mind, I'm not an artist) drawing of my cover page. I don't know yet whether I want to base my first issue of Made In magazine in the United States or in another country. If I do decide to have it take place in another country I would have to find ways for my images to look like they are from that place. I would also have to find models that look from the place I am trying to convey. It'll be cool to try out, but I will always have the U.S. as a back up in case anything goes wrong.

I have based this issue in the U.S. The white part is where my image is to be placed and the masthead is also going to be of color. Its a very rough draft, but that is the style I want to lean towards.


I have also started researching some appealing layouts for my table of contents and my two page spread.. I know I want my images to stand out more than the actual story similar to the one below. I love the simplicity of it, yet it is very captivating. The layout also plays with differences in color temperature which helps establish the overall tone of the entire magazine. Color is going to be very important in my magazine because I want to represent the true culture of the country I am displaying in my magazine. The colors in this magazine represent modernism, yet the orange still makes it inviting.
Amazing Magazine Layout Design Idea (60)

I love how this layout uses the images and the different fonts and colors order to tell a story which is essentially something my magazine is trying to achieve. I love the use of the larger font because it attracts the attention of the people.

I think I have also decided on the font of my masthead.

Strong Bold  Bold One

Ahhh! I'm nervous, but excited because now I a have to start and try to actually piece my magazine together. Praying everything goes well.

Stay tuned.
Mari


Citations
Danielsson, N. (2017, January 27). 145 Awesome Magazine Layout Designs. Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://www.designlisticle.com/magazine-layout/

B. (n.d.). IAG Reconciliation Action Plan. Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://www.behance.net/gallery/14980021/IAG-Reconciliation-Action-Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY CCR!

Here is my CCR down below!